Written by Madeline Futrell, 4th grade
Making pom-poms is a really fun and simple craft that I am an expert at. All you need is yarn and scissors.
- Take your yarn, cut off a long piece and wrap it around all fingers on one hand not including the thumb making sure it is not too tight or too loose and leaving space between your palm and the yarn.
- Cut a piece that will fit around your pom-pom and shove that in between your middle finger and your ring finger.
- Tie a knot around your pom-pom then take it off your fingers. You might need someone to help you with the first knot.
- Tie a tight knot and cut the first one off. You might want to might want to make them different colors.
- Roll it in your hands and trim until fluffy.
Enjoy your pom-poms as decoration or put them on display! They could also make a good gift to a friend, a family member, or teacher!