You might ask yourself, “Why should I build an obstacles course?” Well, it’s a great idea because when you have nothing to do on a cold winter’s day and you’re tired of all your new Christmas presents, it’s such a fun activity! Building an obstacle course lets you play inside, get some exercise and allows you to be creative! Plus, it’s super easy to build, since you can pretty much use whatever you would like.
Here are my steps to building The Ultimate Indoor Obstacle Course:
- Choose an area or room in your home that your parents approve. (I like my living room because it has more furniture to use as obstacles.)
- Gather all the things you might need for your obstacle course. (I like to use chairs, tables, pillows, blankets and a yard stick.)
- Start arranging the furniture and building your obstacle course. (See my drawing above.)
- Choose a path for your newly designed obstacle course. (I like to start by crawling under our dining table, coming up the other side, running around a chair zig-zagging through pillows on the floor, doing the limbo under a yard stick between two chairs, crawling under blankets that are between the couch and ottoman and doing a big finish by belly flopping on a lot of fluffy pillows.)
- Have fun and be creative.
So, get inside and start building! Make it your own by using all the different things around your house! Hope you enjoy my step-by-step guide on how to build your very own Ultimate Indoor Obstacle Course!