Written by Payton Harrington, 4th grade | Illustration by Lydia Tanner, 2nd grade
As a kid myself I did not know what this question meant. What is a healthier lifestyle? After reading the definition (A healthy lifestyle is one which helps to keep and improve people’s health and well-being. Many governments and non-governmental organizations work at promoting healthy lifestyles. They measure the benefits with critical health numbers, including weight, blood sugar, blood pressure, and blood cholesterol.) now I have a better understanding of the question. Here are a few ways I found for kids to lead a healthier lifestyle.
– Start the day with a healthy breakfast.
– Let us kids help plan and prepare one meal each week.
– Eat more vegetables, fresh fruits , and whole grains.
– More family meals (sharing each others day)
– More exercise
– More outdoor activities
– Get at least eight hours of sleep each night.
– Creating healthier habits as a child will also help to lead to a healthier lifestyle as an adult.