Flipping pancakes is not always the easiest task for young kids. I remember standing over the stove watching diligently for the perfect time to make that flip. I’d wait for just enough bubbles (but not too many), slide my spatula underneath the batter, then try for one swift motion with all my might. 90% of the time, it ended up turning into a mushy pancake-taco hanging over the side of the pan with a majority of its essence dripping down to the floor.
Then I discovered pancake bites, which eliminate the need for flipping entirely.
Pancake Bites can be made ahead and frozen, are extremely portable, and can be customized to each person’s tastes. Definitely a favorite for both kids and adults. No more worrying about flipping disasters—just a quick trip to the oven and they’re ready!
This is the perfect recipe for kids to make their parents on special days. Just give that subtle hint when you see Mother’s or Father’s Day approaching!
You will need:
• Your favorite pancake batter (boxed versions are easiest for kids)
• Your choice of toppings (chocolate chips, fruit chunks, nuts, sprinkles, bacon bits)
• Mini muffin pan
• Non-stick cooking spray
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°. Spray mini-muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside
2. Create your favorite pancake batter by following boxed directions and ingredients (I whisked together Bisquick, milk, and eggs)
3. Pour the batter into the prepared mini-muffin pan, filling each tin 3/4 of the way
4. Add your favorite toppings and push them down in the batter a bit so they stick
5. Bake in the oven for 12 – 15 minutes
6. Let them cool before taking them out of the pan
To take your bites to the next level, warm some syrup or Nutella for dipping!